I made the best-condensed milk pound cake for my best girl pals over the weekend and it was a hit. While browsing through Pinterest looking for something easy for a girls night. I saw pictures of this delicious condensed milk chocolate chip pound cake and I new had to try it. The original recipe is from Something Swanky. You can follow the link to her recipe.
I am going to share her recipe and some of the tweaks I made to it to my liking. Growing up in Nigeria condensed milk was a staple in each household. Seeing this recipe brought back memories of sneaking into the kitchen and sneaking tastes of this tempting sugary goodness.
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract ( I used 1 tsp)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/3 cup all-purpose flour ( I used 2 cups)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Melt the butter, lightly grease a 9 by 5 bread loaf pan, line with parchment paper
- Whisk the butter, sugar, and egg together. Incorporating one egg at a time into the mix.
- Pour in the condensed milk and vanilla extract to the mixture.
- Incorporate and whisk all dry with wet ingredients together until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on the batter.
- Bake for 70 minutes. At the 70 minute mark the top the cake starts to caramelize, the center would still be mushy. Cover with a foil paper and let it bake for 10 minutes
- Using a toothpick to test for doneness.
You can either eat this deliciousness alone or with a scoop or two scoops of ice cream.