This spicy seafood tomato butter sauce is my favorite red pasta sauce. It’s perfect with linguini, macaroni, angel and alfredo pasta. It takes less than an hour to whip and most of the ingredients are a constant in most pantries. There is a spicy velvety taste to the sauce thanks to the pepper and the crushed tomato gives a good balance of acid. I hope this sauce becomes a staple in your home as it is in mine.
- 8oz of crushed tomatoes or whole peeled tomatoes
- 8oz seafood medley
- 1/2 tsp of curry
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp of thyme
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of Chachere’s creole seasoning.
- Add a tick of butter to a hot skillet
- Once butter is melted, add frozen seafood medley to the pan
- Cook until shrimp turns light pink
- Remove seafood mix from the butter and tomato and set aside
- Add an 8oz can of crushed tomatoes or whole peeled tomatoes to the bro
- Stir and crush tomato intermittently
- cook on medium heat for thirty minutes
- In another pot bring your choice of pasta to boil 5 minutes or cook till al dente
- Add spices to the tomato sauce
- Slowly incorporate pasta and seafood mix into the sauce
- Let it cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
Some other fun easy recipes can be found Here and