We are introducing to you what we have coined as foodie Fridays. Every Friday we will be sharing easy and mostly healthy recipes with our readers. Today I am sharing an easy honey glazed salmon and roasted vegetable recipe today.
Salmon is my all time favorite fish to cook. First, Salmon is an easy dish to prepare, and there are various ways to make it delicious. Secondly, Salmon is an excellent source of protein, rich in omega 3 fatty acids.Thirdly its an excellent source of potassium and b vitamins.
It’s been stated in helping reduce the risk of heart diseases and weight control. I love easy, quick and healthy recipes on nights when you are too tired to spend hours in the kitchen. This honey glazed salmon and roasted vegetable recipe fall into this category. As per fit-fam ordering, takeout is a no, no 🙂 at least on the days when you are all about your fitness. So on one of those nights, recipes like this come in handy.
Four Large Tomatoes
Two Large bell peppers
Two cups of Brussel Sprouts
Four cups of Zucchini
Four cups of Squash
Four cups of carrots
Two tablespoons of coconut oil
One teaspoon of salt
Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper
- Toss all ingredients Listed above together in a large bowl
- Pour into the lined tray and bake or broil for 30 minutes
- Serve with Protein of choice.
Honey Glazed Salmon
Five Pieces of Salmon Fillet
1/4 cup of honey
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
Two tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Clean Salmon and pat dry
- In a bowl pour in the honey, soy sauce, and crushed garlic
- Place salmon fillet in a large zip lock bag and pour in the glaze.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 mins or longer as time permits
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium add in olive or coconut oil
- Put the salmon in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add leftover glaze to salmon as desired. Cook on medium heat to prevent burning the glaze.
- Serve with favorite vegetables or grains.